Preparing for Your Appointment
New Patient Forms
New patients are asked to complete the new patient forms prior to their first visit with us, in order to make the initial check-in procedure more efficient. You can access the forms and complete them through the Patient Portal. If you don't already have an account, you can join the Patient Portal by providing us your email address. If you have questions, our staff will be happy to assist you.
Things to Bring With You
For your first appointment you may want to discuss the following or provide your physician with:
- A list of all prescription medications you are taking, or bring all of your prescription medications in a bag to show to your physician.
- All dietary supplements (herbal supplements, dietary supplements, etc.) that are not prescribed by a physician, that you are taking.
- Your prior medical history.
- Any allergies to medicines or other allergies.
- A copy of your recent xrays (CT, MRI, ultrasound, etc.) if applicable.
Cancellation/No Show Policy
We understand that there are times when you must miss an appointment due to emergencies or obligations for work or family. However, when you do not call to cancel an appointment, you may be preventing another patient from getting much needed treatment. Conversely, the situation may arise where another patient fails to cancel and we are unable to schedule you for a visit, due to a seemingly "full" appointment book. If an appointment is not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance you will be charged a fee; this will not be covered by your insurance company.