Position Title: Medical Receptionist
Reports to: Office Manager
Job Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Positions Supervised: None
Position Summary: The ideal candidate will bring a stable work history, a track record of dependability, and stellar customer service. Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail. An ability to work well under pressure and have outstanding communication skills is a must.
Essential Functions: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide excellent customer service via the phone and face to face guest interaction
- Handle collection of payment at time of service
- Discuss financial obligations to guests over the phone prior to service
- Schedule and reschedule patient appointments
- Organize workflow and monitor for completion of daily and weekly tasks
- Balance accounts, review open encounter reports, and ensure daily cash close.
- Scanning of pertinent information, chart preparation, updating and verifying insurance
- Obtain prior authorization, referrals and check benefits and deductibles when necessary.
- Carry out provider orders, to include performing specified procedures
- Occasional travel to other clinics may be required due to business needs
- Experience with Allscripts EMR (Preferred)
- Surgery scheduling and prior-authorization experience (Preferred)
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Change’s approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- 1+ year experience in busy medical setting
- 1+ year electronic medical records experience
- 1+ year urology or other specialty surgery scheduling
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear.